Friday, August 21, 2009

School =)

So the other day, after I wrote a blog, my family took me to Granna! Thats the city where they make Polkagris! (YUMM Its like candy cane, but ten million times better!) We saw a demonstration on how to make the candy and I got an awesome elk crossing pin!

I have decided that I am going to try to sing and play the piano for a Rotary talent competition I'm doing in october! I am going to perform a song called New soul by Yeal Naim, Kjell and I went into a local music store and found a really great book with fun songs in it! YAY so we will see how that works out...

I started Vestra Vux a few days ago (Swedish classes) it was a really fun class, I really think I am going to learn a lot of swedish there. Hopefully fast too! Yesterday I started school and I was really nervous, but it turned out to be fine. I had fun, I met everyone and they all seamed really nice and happy that I was there. After school, Julia and Lazlo (second host family) and we went out on the lake in the icy water! It was fun though!

Today at school I kind of realized how different it is here. Students have a lot more freedom. The first thing we did was go around the city looking for different stations with activities at them. We probably covered 2 miles a least! They also don't care if the students smoke, which really threw me off. We came up to a station and a girl was smoking as the teacher was explaining the activity! It was soo weird. I really like the people I have classes with and I know I am really going to enjoy this school year! =)

Kram, Haley

1 comment:

  1. Glad to hear you had a great couple of days. Remember smoking is baaaad! Lip gloss is a better habit.

    ReplyDelete