Sunday, May 2, 2010

Valborg/ Dansens dag

This past week was pretty fun, it was the last week of April so definitly a week of celebration here in Sweden.

On Wednesday, it was "Dansens Dag" which means the dance day. I preformed in a dance with my begining dance class and I think it went really well. Especially taking into consideration that we don't really know what we are doing. I posted the video up on my youtube if anyone is interested. You can find my account under lalalanddreamer21. It was also fun to watch ass of the other, more advanced dance classes preform, they were really really good. =)

Friday was the last day of April and a holiday in Sweden. It is called Valborg. Basically it is just celebrating the coming of spring. We picked stinging nettles and made a soup out of them. They do this because the nettles are the first fresh things that you can eat in the spring, even though I didn't even know they were edible. They actually tasted really really good, I would reccomend it. We also had fondu with 3 kinds of meat that were all a little different. There was lamb, ox and.... Ostrich! I was a little sceptical abuut the ostrich but it was really good! Also on Valborg, everyone lights big bonfires to rid off the witches and the winter. It is swedens formal way of welcoming spring. May I add that even though it was raining, we all stood outside and watched the fire. Then we got ot come in and eat dessert. We had 12 people at my house until about 12.30. It was a pretty fun party.

Today I went into Linköping with some exchange student friends and we messed around in the city and took lots of pictures and then we went to go see Iron Man 2! Go see that movie if you haven't already, it is soo amazing, I really enjoyed it.

So now I'm home just waiting for another exciting week to start. =)

Kram, Haley

1 comment:

  1. I love all the posts, I really enjoyed, I would like more information about this, because it is very nice. Thanks for sharing.
    http://www.kizidaily.com
    http://www.juegosfrivas.com
    http://www.friv2gamers.com

    ReplyDelete