Tuesday, May 25, 2010


I got home from Germany on Sunday night and let me tell you... I was tired. I travelled 2 hours by car, 1.5 hours by plane, 1.5 hours by bus, 40 min by train and then another 40 min by car. So lots of travel. I had such a great time in Germany and I did so much stuff so I guess I will just have to take it day by day. =)

Wednesday- Same amount of travel as on Sunday, so about 6 hours. We drove from the airport to Lulus town, Bonn. I got to see Lulu after a little less than a year and that was really fun. I don't think we ran out of things to talk about the whole time I was there. For those of you who dont know, Lulu was an exchange student last year and she lived with me and my family. When I got there we went to the store to get food for dinner then came back and made a sallad. After we ate we got to catch up and just hang out till we decided it was bedtime.

Thursday- I got up early to go and get my parents from the train station and that was nice to see them again, even if it was only a week since I had last seen them. We went back to the house so they could get drop their stuff off before we made our way to Cologne. The first thing we did was go to this beautiful church. We first walked around the inside and then we took the 500ish stairs up to the top of the tower. It was a long walk, haha at the top was such a great view, you could see the whole skyline of Cologne. It was definitly a great experience. Then we went and ate, I also got my first starbucks in 10 months! I was so amazingly happy haha. We then went to a chocolate museum, it was basically just telling about the history of chocolate and how they made all the shapes and stuff. There were lots of cool antique chocolate realated things. It was pretty interesting to learn about, not to mention the free samples haha. Then we went back to the house and had a delicious dinner.

Friday- I got up early to go to school with Lulu but her class was cancelled so we just ended up going into the city and had a starbucks and sunbathed. The weather was so incredible! Everyone was in shorts and tank tops. We then met up with my parents and Lulus mom and went on a river boat tour of the Rhein river. It was very pretty, there were a few random castles and mansions where government leaders used to live since Bonn used to be the capitol of Germany. Then we stopped at a little city and had lunch before it was time to go back and go to a BBQ. We had real german Bratwurst and they were so yummy!

Saturday- I said goodbye to my parents until to end of the summer, but it's ok because I know that 2 months will fly by and I will be back home before I know it. Lulu and I went shopping in Cologne and I got some new things including some awesome zebra sunglasses haha. When we were all shopped out, we went back to Bonn and ate dinner at a family friends house and then went to hang out with some of Lulus friends on the Rhein river. It was fun and warm. As we were going home at midnight, it was still about 18 degrees! I was so happy! We then watched the notebook and did our nails haha.

Sunday- Lulu and I slept in really late, we had to leave the house at 1.30 and then we had the long drive to my airport where we sain goodbye and I made my journey back home to Sweden where the weather isn't nearly as nice, but I'm hanging in there hoping for better weather by June. =)

Kram, Haley

No comments:

Post a Comment