Saturday, January 9, 2010

Winter break... (revised)

So now winter break is almost over, I go back to school on Monday. I am definitly ready to go back to school. There isn't much to do when I don't have school everyday so it will be very nice to get back into the swing of school again.

We will be getting a new exchange student in a few weeks, from Australia. I am very excited for him to come, I won't be the new exchange student anymore! A few exchange students I know from Australia are getting ready to go home and I am going to miss them. =(

This past week of break I have been just hanging out around the house. One really cool thing that I did was go ice fishing, I went to my third host family and tryed it out. I was pretty freaky to be out on top of a lake at first but after a while you kind of forgot. So we had about 10 holes in the ice and cought 5 or 6 fish. It was funny because whenever you saw that a hole had a fish you had to run to it really fast and the ice was a bit slippery in places. I also got to try out snowboarding and skiing. I love the snowboarding, I was very sore by the end of the day but it was fun. Skiing wasn't my favorite thing in the world but it wasn't so bad. I have been to a few parties, last night I went to a really fun birthday party and a lot of my friends were there. It's definitly more fun to go to parties now, since i can speak a lot more swedish than a few months ago. I am trying so hard to talk only swedish but sometimes it can be so frusterating. Haha that's what you get when you try to learn a whole new language and speak it in 5 months!

Kram, Haley

No comments:

Post a Comment