Saturday, January 2, 2010

Happy New Year!! 2010!!!

I can't believe that it is 2010 already, seriously where did the time go? It doesn't seem like I left New Mexico 5 months ago, I mean seriously I am almost halfway done with my exchange. So I thought I could do a recap of the year 2009....

January-March: Everything was going as normal, school and I also was involved in Grease! I had so much fun with that! But other than that, nothing much happened. Exchange seemed so far away!

April-May: This is when things started to get really exciting, school was coming to an end, I turned 16! (haha woot!) I also had to seriously start thinking about exchange. Everything started to go so fast, I never had time to think haha. I had to take the AP test the day Obama came to my school! Haha but when school came to an end, it was a little sad because I knew there were a lot of people I wouldn't see till senior year.

June-July: The summer. Haha I did a lot of work over the summer. I had to skip camp this year because I needed more credits for school to graduate on time. So I decided that even though i didn't want to I had to take a college course. So I enrolled in a public speaking class and went to that 2 times a week over the whole summer. I went to my Aunt Renees wedding and that was so much fun! I also worked at my dads office a few days a week. When my last few weeks came around, I had a few going away parties and said goodbye to all my friends. By the time the 29th of July came I was so excited to leave but sad to leave my friends and family behind.

August: So much happened in August, I found myself in a completly unfamiliar place. I met so many people, it was such an overload of information that I was tired all the time bet I was also always excited and I had to keep telling myself that this was all real. I went to Vimmerby and met a bunch of other exhange students, and some of those are still my good friends.

September-October: I was getting used to my new home, school and friends. I was so lost in the language but I was trying really hard to understand. School was the most confused I have ever been in my life because I didn't understand anything! I started making good friends though. I don't know what I would have done if I didn't have the friends I have now.

November: I was finally very comfertable in my home, but then I had to change host families! It was so weird going to a different house after school everyday. I got used to that very quickly, I soon felt like a member of the family. I was a little homesick, but I knew that would come eventually.

December: So much fun! Haha I did so much stuff in December, the Holidays were great even though they were completly different than I am used to. We celebrated christmas on the 24th and watched Donald Duck and everything. It was very fun to see how everything went for christmas here. Once new years came, I didn't know what to think. i was nervous for a new year because I know that now everything was going to change. The first half of my exchange is when I get used to everything, learn the language, and meet everything. The second half is when I can really enjoy all of it. I am looking forward to a great year! On New years, I went to a party at the church I go to for youth group and we had dinner then went into town for fireworks at midnight! After the clock struck 12, we went back to the church and danced till 4 when it wa finally time to get home. =) It was such a fun night, a great way to kick off the new year!

No comments:

Post a Comment