Tuesday, June 29, 2010

A Midsommar Nights Dream...

So a week has passed since my last post... you know what happened?!

MIDSOMMAR! =)

Midsommar is a huge thing in Sweden, it is almost as important and celebrated as Christmas. So if you dont know anything about it, the basic principle is that it is a celebration of the longest day of the year. We put up a midsommar pole and dance around it. As much as this pole may look like a christian symbol, it isn't! Haha it is actually very funny and innappropriate for small children to dance around. Google it! =)

I spent my Midsommar out with Michaels family, they have a huge party every year. So I was there early to help out and set everything up for the party. When the party started at 4 we ate a meal, one of 3 haha, then we decorated the pole with tree branches and flowers. I also made a head thing, look on my facebook at the picture of me with flowers on my head and someone tell me what that is called in english haha, I can't think of it for the life of me! Then we set up the pole and danced around it singing songs and having fun. When we were done with the pole we were split into teams and we played fun games. My team won!! =)

We got very lucky this year because we had beautiful weather, apparently it usually rains on Midsommar. After the games was food and music then grilling! Yumm.. We also had fireworks at midnight. =) The it got dark a bit after 11 and then it started getting light again at about 2, those are just estimates though. I finally went to bed at 3ish, I was tired but I was actually one of the earliest to go to sleep. Some of the people stayed up until 7.30, and by that time the sun was shining brightly.

So that was my midsommar adventure, the pictures explain it a lot better that I can type it haha. Now I am about to take a leave of absence because tomorrow I leave to go on EUROTOUR!!! I will be gone 18 days and i am going to have an amazing time! =) So I will not be able to get on the computer for a while, I might be able to check a little email, but chances are I wont have much time to be on the computer.

So farewell for now!! See you guys in a few weeks! =) =)


Kram, Haley

1 comment:

  1. Really sweet to read it ..... it remind me about the shake spear's ''''''' MIDNIGHT SUMMER ''''

    ReplyDelete